Here is the quick configuration process for the Radius Network BLE beacons:
- Make sure you have:
- An Android device running Android 4.3 or higher and equipped with Bluetooth 4.0 capabilities.
- or one of the following iOS devices equipped with at least iOS 7:
- iPhone 4s or later.
- iPad (3rd generation) or later.
- iPad mini or later.
- iPod touch (5th generation) or later.
- Download the RadBeacon App:
- Connect the first RadBeacon USB into the electricity or put the battery inside the RadBeacon Tag.
- Turn On your Bluetooth.
- Open the RadBeacon App and click on Scan to scan for configurable iBeacons.
- Click on the iBeacon appeared in the table (the identifier should be something like “RadBeacon USB”).
- Wait for the App to connect to your iBeacon.
- NAME: “X”. IMPORTANT: X is the progressive number of the iBeacon that you are configuring. So the first iBeacon will be “1”.
- TYPE: iBeacon ON, AltBeacon OFF.
- UUID: leave it to 2F234454-CF6D-4A0F-ADF2-
- Major: leave it to 0.
- Minor: “X”. IMPORTANT: X is the progressive number of the iBeacon that you are configuring. So the first iBeacon will have a Minor equal to “1”.
- Power: leave it to -66
- Transmit power: set it to the maximum value (it should be 3 dBm for the RadBeacon USB and 1 dBm for the RadBeacon Dot). If you are installing a mix of RadBeacon USB and RadBeacon Dot then the Transmit power should be set to 1 dBm.
- Slide the Advertising rate bar:
- to 1 advertisement/second if you are using the RadBeacon USB OR if you are installing a mix of RadBeacon USB and RadBeacon Dot then
- to 2 advertisements/second if you are using the RadBeacon Dot.
- Submit the new settings with the default code “0000”. If you are not able to Apply the settings, please make another try, because sometime the RadBeacon App gets stuck.
- Click on PIN and submit a NEW PIN and the old PIN “0000” – IMPORTANT: this should be done to avoid intrusions into the iBeacons. Keep in mind that the once your RadBeacon USB has been plugged in, or your RadBeacon TAG has been activated, the beacon will broadcast in configurable mode for an initial window of 30 minutes. This is why changing the PIN is very important!
- Repeat from Step 4 to configure a new iBeacon.
The configuration of the iBeacons from Step 4 to Step 13 can take a while: an average of 40 seconds for each iBeacon.